iPhone 4S Constantly Rebooting...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kanidia, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kanidia macrumors newbie

I've only recently had this problem but it's driving me nuts.

My iPhone 4S just won't stop rebooting itself. It has rebooted about 10-15 times in the past hour. This only started happening a few hours ago, and it's getting worse. I can't even keep the iPhone booted long enough to back up to iTunes.

Specs:

White, 16GB, Factory Unlocked, Not jailbroken (obviously)

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

If it won't stay up log enough to sync, and the battery's charged, you could try a hard reset. If that doesn't take care of the problem, my vote is that it's bad iPhone hardware. Call Apple Care and open an incident.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If the hard reboot doesn't work, try a DFU restore via iTunes. Yeah, you'll lose all of you current data, but do you have previous backups from a few days ago?

4. kanidia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately I tried to use DFU mode, and while it successfully restored my phone, it has not escaped the wraith of the reboot issue. It rebooted halfway through restoring my backup...

I'll take this into the Apple Store today, and I'll see if I can get it swapped. Plus, there's a dust speck underneath the screen already... I thought they fixed these things :(

Thanks for the help!