iPhone 4's cracked too easily?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acalderon20, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Acalderon20 macrumors newbie

I purchased my iPhone. I have the reception issue, but don't really care. A case solves that. But I took it out of the case to show to a friend on Friday, and placed it on my desk. The back of it had a crack on the bottom left hand corner when I picked it up! I definitely set it down carefully, but it just cracked! It's a single hairline crack on the bottom corner. I'm kind of shocked to be honest. Will Apple replace it? I most definitely did not drop it, and there are no signs I did. There's just a crack there.

2. wovel macrumors 68000

Someone else here mentioned an unexplained crack and Apple replaced it. YMMV.

3. Acalderon20 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope the Genius is nice. I made an appointment for tomorrow. I still think the glass is pathetic if it cracked like that.

4. RickM21 macrumors newbie

Today my iPhone 4 got tangled up in some clothes in the bathroom counter. (about 3.5 feet high) I pulled one of my t-shirt and violently flung my iPhone onto the cold hard tile of my bathroom. (accidently of course) It bounced three times across the floor and then landed face down.

After reading all these stories I thought my phone was done for sure.

After inspecting it for a few minutes. No scratches or cracks.

I feel like it's hit or miss with some of these drops, etc.

5. Kevio macrumors regular

It's glass....

6. Resist macrumors 68030

Apple putting more glass on the iphone 4, just made it more fragile. No matter how resistant the glass is to breaking, it can't take a drop like metal or plastic.

7. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Since getting the iphone 4 when it came out, 3 people I know who have owned iphones since the first gen have all cracked their screen in the time I have owned the iphone 4, its glass, thin glass at that with a very open edge, be carefull.