iPhone 4S - Dead Pixel/Dirt stuck behind screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OMGbrandon, Oct 14, 2011.

1. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Wow, you'd think I wouldn't notice.
    Walk out of store, put in pocket, get home, start playing with it.
    BOOM there it is! Center screen.
    What should I do?

2. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Take it back and demand a new one. (If they have any left in stock)

Don't stand in the purchasing line - go to the Customer Service desk, or whatever they call it. You shouldn't have to wait in line again.

Show them the defect and tell them you want a new one.

3. OMGbrandon thread starter macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

...why? :confused:

If you were man enough to whine about it here, you might as well do it in real life and get a replacement...

Whining about it here wont get you anything :confused:

5. OMGbrandon thread starter macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Talked to apple, they said I have to go to the point of sale. (ATT)

6. demicrown macrumors newbie

I signed up for this forum just to reply to this thread and share my experience. Got a new 4S, which is awesome coming from a 3GS, and there was a very conspicuous dead pixel on the screen. Probably a cluster of them for it to be so obvious, but just in one spot.

I bought it at Radio Shack (which agreed to give me a new one, but not for a while since they were completely sold out) but took it to the Apple Store for evaluation. The "genius" I saw said that it was within acceptable parameters and that I'd just have to live with it.

I made an appointment at the same store the very next day and saw a different genius, who looked at the dead pixel, nodded, and promptly got me a replacement. The new phone actually has a dead pixel too, but it seems to be just one and, frankly, I sometimes can't find it even when I'm looking for it. It's fine by me and I've been enjoying the 4S tremendously since.

I guess the moral of my story jibes with what I've read on other forums: a lot depends on the whims of a particular genius, so if you don't get the help you want the first time, come back (or go to a different store) to see another.

Best of luck!

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

As you just purchased from AT&T see if they will replace it. They should for waht ever reason within the 30 days. If a iPhone needs to be repairs, AT&T will alwasy send you to the Apple store.

Yours just needs to be replaced.

Do a backup and head out!