iPhone 4S Dead

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Hello. I have a friend. With an iPhone 4S, it's totally dead. I would try to do a hard reset to get it going, but the home button is missing. What an I do from here. Kinda stuck in a bad situation. She never backed up her phone so.

She said this had happen before in the cold and after leaving it for a few days it turned back on. No dead battery symbol. The one day while texting. Her phone died again. It did turn back on eventually.

Now it's completely dead. Can't do a hard reset. So kinda stuck. And doesn't do anything when plugged in to a charger

Any ideas on what I can do?

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
You won't get the data if the device has no power to operate. Unless you go to a technician who knows how to help without battery replacement.

Reactions: willmtaylor

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just wanna get all the data off it first
[doublepost=1458543868][/doublepost]
Nothing shows up on this. Just a website. No vid
Don't bother, you are replying to a spammer posting some spam link.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Like the guy above said, she won't be getting anything off of the phone without power, and this does sound like a battery issue (given the age and symptoms you've provided). Take it to someone who can replace the battery.

And...gosh I hate to be "that guy", but please...for goodness sake...tell your girl to back up her phone. It floors me that her phone had a cardiac arrest once before and she did nothing after she got a second chance.

It's Settings>iCloud>backup. Toggle on. If she gets chance #3, please tell her. Or be a good friend, snatch the phone from her hands and do it for her. ;)

Reactions: willmtaylor

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Like the guy above said, she won't be getting anything off of the phone without power, and this does sound like a battery issue (given the age and symptoms you've provided). Take it to someone who can replace the battery.

And...gosh I hate to be "that guy", but please...for goodness sake...tell your girl to back up her phone. It floors me that her phone had a cardiac arrest once before and she did nothing after she got a second chance.

It's Settings>iCloud>backup. Toggle on. If she gets chance #3, please tell her. Or be a good friend, snatch the phone from her hands and do it for her. ;)
Hi, SUCESS!!!!! Since the home button fell off, I told her to use a fork or something to simulate an home button click, and she held down the power button, low and behold, IT TURNED ON. just a software bug im guessing. like back in ios 8, but she's running 9.2.1, probably going to update.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Hi, SUCESS!!!!! Since the home button fell off, I told her to use a fork or something to simulate an home button click, and she held down the power button, low and behold, IT TURNED ON. just a software bug im guessing. like back in ios 8, but she's running 9.2.1, probably going to update.
Good deal! I'm glad I was wrong about the battery.

Don't forget to back it up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.