iPhone 4S Delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emath121, Oct 12, 2011.

1. emath121 macrumors newbie

Will I have to sign something for my iPhone? Because I don't know if I will be home when they deliver.

2. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes. However, you can either write a note to UPS or FedEx (whichever is delivering to you) giving permission to leave package with your name in print and signature.

If you ordered from Apple you can print out a "pre-sign" form to leave for them.

3. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Yes. you can pre sign on your orders page @ store.apple.com

Be home.

4. swannyj macrumors newbie

fedex/verizon

I spoke with a Fed ex rep today with this question. I was told that if you are not home, or someone else is not there to sign, a door tag would be left. You can sign that door tag and leave instructions for package to be left at the next delivery attempt. I specifically asked if I could write a note and leave and was told I could not. But, I guess it's worth a shot.
    I asked if I could place a hold and pick up. I was told verizon will only allow this after first delivery attempt is made. However the rep said I could try picking it up Fri. after delivery attempt is made or Saturday.
    Not what I wanted to hear.

5. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Here at college, people always leave notes since we're often in class all day, every day. Delivery companies have gotten used to it, so they're usually pretty nice about it. I'm sure they get tired of having to go to the same apartment/dorm/house over and over again.

Back when my gf still lived in a dorm (as opposed to off campus), I would walk through their mailroom. Everyone's mailboxes would have sticky notes asking to just leave the package. Often times there were ~30-50 packages just laying on the floor. Good thing for the honor code, eh?

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

leave a note and ask the driver to leave it with a neighbor. as long as you know you neighbors you should be good

7. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I opened up the 'pre-sign' page. After checking the box to agree to the terms and continuing to the next page, I am met with an encrypted blank page. Is anyone else getting this?

Tried Safari and Chrome. :confused:

8. emath121 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It seems UPS will be delivering my Apple Online Store purchase for the first time ever. The Shipment Release Authorization form for UPS specifically requires a signature, so in lieu of YOU or someone else that can sign for it, the SRA form allows the driver to leave your package at your door and with your name, tracking #, address, ph#, and your signature on the SRA will make this happen...:cool: (Don't know nuthin about FEDEX, except last year you could leave a note on the door. Is FEDEX even delivering iPhones this year?) :eek:

10. Zeisen55 macrumors member

yes, mine is shipping with fedex

11. LoganT macrumors 68020

Does anyone's tracking say "Signature Required"? Usually when there's a signature for UPS it will tell you. Mine doesn't say this.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I love FEDEX b/c they delivered iPhone 4 a day early and they always deliver to my house NLT 8:30am!!! UPS says October 14th by the end of the DAY...UPS = LOSERS!!! :D

13. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Use the "Pre-Sign" link on Apple's website. I've used it before with success - printed the form, signed it, and taped it to the door.

14. emath121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you use the Apple Presign tool if you ordered it off of the AT&T website?????? :confused:

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Won't let you access the form without an Apple order # and a SHIPPED status...:eek:

16. techietrash, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

techietrash macrumors newbie

techietrash

UPS (Apple Pre-Sign) PDF

Couldn't get my form to show up either, just a blank web page, but I found this current UPS form on another thread, credit goes to mhorng for the original share!!

:apple: UPS (Apple Pre-Sign) Form (PDF)
    It should be noted that this for UPS only (which is everyone I think), and for Apple.com orders only, as far as I know.

----------
    Update:

Found this form in another thread, for FedEx.
    It was from the iPhone 4 launch in 2010 though, so it's quite possible it's changed, fair warning!
    :apple: FedEx (Apple Pre-Sign) Form (PDF) [2010 iPhone4 version!!!]

:apple: Techietrash

17. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Just give me your addy info, I'll sign for you.

Lol