iPhone 4S demand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illjazz, Oct 5, 2011.

1. illjazz macrumors regular

Turns out I'm traveling to London October 14th. Also turns out the iPhone 4S launches on that day in the UK. I'd like to get one, unlocked with no contract. Do you think I'll be able to just walk into one of London's Apple Stores and buy one? Perhaps the London residents among the MacRumors crowd would know best about past behavior in front of Apple stores at new product launches.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

America history teaches us, that when an icon like Jobs dies, merchandise sales skyrocket.

Huge numbers of iPhones will now be bought out of sympathy.

Making the 4S a nearly impossible to obtain iPhone for who knows how long.

I'm certainly glad I don't want one, the buying experience promises to be fraught with delays frustration and all manor of inconvenience.

4. illjazz thread starter macrumors regular

I'm actually preordering online by buying it from home but for delivery in the UK. Good thing my sister just moved there three weeks ago.

And vitzr, honestly, I don't know how your post relates to my thread at all.

I had the full intention of buying the iPhone 4S before I even knew it was called that. I knew I'd get the new iPhone. This has nothing to do with Steve's passing. And I knew I wanted it ASAP, right at launch, because I've learnt from past experience that waiting to get a new Apple product is to accept that you may end up waiting weeks, if not months to get your hands on it. Especially with something like the iPhone.

But anyway... topic closed.