iPhone 4S died when I plugged it into the charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noodlemanc, Oct 31, 2013.

1. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Hi everyone,

I plugged my iPhone 4S into the wall charger last night (had about 16% battery left) and it died. I was using it a few seconds before I plugged it in, but when I did plug it in the phone's screen just went black - it then showed absolutely 100% no signs of life, either plugged in or off the charger. It's still the same the next morning.

What's strange is that I wasn't using a knock-off charger or anything... I was using the same charger that came with the phone and that I've been using for two years ever since. It's also plugged into the same wall socket (extension cord, actually) that I've used to charge my iPhone for the last two years. The 4S itself is not wet or damaged in any way, and there were no thunderstorms or power surges or anything on the night it died...

Sorry for the long post, but does anyone know anything I can try to bring my iPhone back to life? Also, if anyone knows what's wrong with it & how hard/expensive it would be to fix that'd be great too!

2. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Try using another charger, or just the usb cable to computer.

Hold down the power button for a few seconds to see if you can get it to turn on/off.

If no life, the drop by a store.

Hope it works out.

3. noodlemanc thread starter macrumors regular

noodlemanc

I tried that already, and it didn't work. However when I got home today I tried turning the iPhone on and it worked fine :confused: That was a very strange occurrence indeed... Thanks anyway, though!