iphone 4s error 29 cant restore tried everything

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trn600, Mar 21, 2014.

1. trn600 macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2014
    So last Saturday I attempted to install the newest update on my iPhone 4s, and in the process it bricked. I cannot get it to recover/restore (forget which term is which) but I have tried doing it in recovery mode, and dfu mode with no success. I keep getting error 29 when it is verifying user data.

Background: the day before the phone would be charging, but only if reset would it update the battery percentage. Additionally, the phone has water damage from over 8 months ago. I had the screen replaced in December. The geniuses offered little help and only did what I did before concluding it was a combo software/hardware error, what it was or how they came to that conclusion was not said to me.

I really cannot afford a new phone, does anyone have suggestions/ past experience with this issue? I heard that replacing the battery may work.

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

Aug 3, 2006
    At this point, I suspect the water damage may have caused enough corrosion to finally kill your phone.