iPhone 4s extremely hot using new maps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by ViperDesign, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Has anyone used the new maps for navigation? My phone got extremely hot, talking hard to hold hot in the back top part. I used it for around 10 minutes before the app crashed, even though it was working fine before.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Was the phone in the sun?

All kidding aside I haven't had any problems. I used my phone from center city Philadelphia to my parents house in Levittown just to see how it worked. That is about a 50 minute ride and i had no heat issues. I'll keep an eye out.

3. ViperDesign thread starter macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Nope, I was in the car. Though it was on a charger which could have exacerbated the heat issue.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

Mine works fine without heating up, although I haven't tested Maps to the extent of driving around with it.

5. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Well, atleast if its gonna heat up, its gonna heat up when your not actually holding it. ;)

6. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

Mine heats up as well. Maps is very sensitive, she doesn't like to be opened and used all the time.

7. James Howlett macrumors member

Yep, I found that yesterday, inside, at night, in a cool basement. It gets REALLY hot. Hotter than I've ever had it with say infinity blade running