Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 4s facetime issues

Cbrsq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
I tried to facetime with my mom tonight (unsuccessfully) and now my phone book is screwed up. All I have is email addresses for my contacts; their phone numbers are gone. Any ideas?

Lunfai

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I tried to facetime with my mom tonight (unsuccessfully) and now my phone book is screwed up. All I have is email addresses for my contacts; their phone numbers are gone. Any ideas?

Did you do a recent restore? What version of iOS are you on, and are you using wifi or 3G?

Comment

daleinbrunomi

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2013

did you jailbreaked your iphone before?

Comment

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Sounds like you might have logged out of your Apple ID. Login in these areas:

Settings > iCloud -- make sure all the services are checked.
Settings > Messages > iMessage
Settings > FaceTime
Settings > iTunes & App Stores

Comment

Cbrsq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
Followup - lost contacts in iPhone 4s

Well, after further struggles with attempting to find my phone numbers/contacts - I've discovered that my issue is not necessarily related to the facetime event. I still need help though and am hoping that it's a quick and easy fix that I just don't know about...so I don't have to move my question to the other board.

I inadvertenly deleted my "default" exchange (gmail) account around the facetime call last night. I have tried to add the exchange/gmail account back but am not sure how to get it to import my contacts from my gmail account into my phone.

Advice?

Thanks!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.