iPhone 4s facetime issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cbrsq, May 22, 2013.

1. Cbrsq macrumors newbie

May 22, 2013
    I tried to facetime with my mom tonight (unsuccessfully) and now my phone book is screwed up. All I have is email addresses for my contacts; their phone numbers are gone. Any ideas?
  2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Nov 21, 2010
    Did you do a recent restore? What version of iOS are you on, and are you using wifi or 3G?
  3. daleinbrunomi macrumors newbie

May 22, 2013
    did you jailbreaked your iphone before?
  4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago

Do you have an up to date Itunes Backup?

If so, I'd do a full restore with the phone CABLE connected.
  5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Oct 24, 2012
    Sounds like you might have logged out of your Apple ID. Login in these areas:

Settings > iCloud -- make sure all the services are checked.
    Settings > Messages > iMessage
    Settings > FaceTime
    Settings > iTunes & App Stores
  6. Cbrsq thread starter macrumors newbie

May 22, 2013
    Followup - lost contacts in iPhone 4s

Well, after further struggles with attempting to find my phone numbers/contacts - I've discovered that my issue is not necessarily related to the facetime event. I still need help though and am hoping that it's a quick and easy fix that I just don't know about...so I don't have to move my question to the other board.

I inadvertenly deleted my "default" exchange (gmail) account around the facetime call last night. I have tried to add the exchange/gmail account back but am not sure how to get it to import my contacts from my gmail account into my phone.