iPhone 4s facetime issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cbrsq, May 22, 2013.

1. Cbrsq macrumors newbie

I tried to facetime with my mom tonight (unsuccessfully) and now my phone book is screwed up. All I have is email addresses for my contacts; their phone numbers are gone. Any ideas?

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Did you do a recent restore? What version of iOS are you on, and are you using wifi or 3G?

3. daleinbrunomi macrumors newbie

did you jailbreaked your iphone before?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

OP:

Do you have an up to date Itunes Backup?

If so, I'd do a full restore with the phone CABLE connected.

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you might have logged out of your Apple ID. Login in these areas:

Settings > iCloud -- make sure all the services are checked.
    Settings > Messages > iMessage
    Settings > FaceTime
    Settings > iTunes & App Stores

6. Cbrsq thread starter macrumors newbie

Followup - lost contacts in iPhone 4s

Well, after further struggles with attempting to find my phone numbers/contacts - I've discovered that my issue is not necessarily related to the facetime event. I still need help though and am hoping that it's a quick and easy fix that I just don't know about...so I don't have to move my question to the other board.

I inadvertenly deleted my "default" exchange (gmail) account around the facetime call last night. I have tried to add the exchange/gmail account back but am not sure how to get it to import my contacts from my gmail account into my phone.

Advice?

Thanks!!