iPhone 4S factory unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eseminario, Oct 5, 2011.

1. eseminario macrumors member

Hello!
    Since Apple started selling iPhone 4 factory unlocked in USA, will they offer 4S in launch day too? Anybody knows?:(

2. iAppTime macrumors newbie

I'm also wondering if they'll sell it factory unlocked.
    I live in Belgium and I'd like to buy my first iPhone but they're very expensive here because you have to buy them factory unlocked.
    Basically all Apple products are more expensive here: the iPod Touch is now 199€, while it's 199$ in the US!
    Therefore I'd like to buy my iPhone unlocked in the US and use it here.
    Or does anyone know that it will not work internationally?

3. androiphone macrumors 65816

remember the €199 includes VAT but the $199 does not, and you would also have to pay import duty and the price of a plane ticket to the US.

4. iAppTime macrumors newbie

Ok, didn't know about the VAT but the plane ticket is not a problem because my dad has to go there quite often for his work.

5. noshjewman macrumors member

The phone will work internationally, but unless they change the rules with the new Applecare+, the warranty will be US only (meaning if there is a problem you may have to wait until your dad's next trip to get your phone fixed/replaced)

6. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I thought applecare warranties were supposed to be honored internationally for a while now? Unless something changes with the + or it was just for computers themselves.