iPhone 4S falls inside hot chocolate

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sadeeqib, Apr 17, 2013.

  1. Sadeeqib macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2013
    Location:
    Minna, Nigeria
    #1
    I accidentally dropped my iPhone 4S in a hot chocolate tea. It remained inside for approximately four second before I was able to remove it. The iPhone kept restarting when I tried turning it off immediately. Shortly after, the speaker started malfunctioning. After about an hour I realized the home button was not responding so I carefully removed the battery in order to allow the phone to dry up; I followed directives from a video on YouTube on how to remove iPhone 4s's battery. I left it to dry for about 30hours. When I on the phone the screen was fine, speakers ok except for the home button that's still malfunctioning. However, the most critical issue with the iPhone now is that it keep searching for signal and the 3G will not come on at all. I think my iPhone has a serious antenna issue.
    I hope there's someone out there that can help. The home button is not a big deal. I can always use zephyr because my Iphone is jailbroken. BUT I DESPERATELY NEED HELP ON HOW TO SOLVE THE ANTENNA ISSUE.
     
  2. Ann P macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Location:
    California
    #2
    Why didn't you leave it off? You are potentially causing more damage.
     
  3. Sadeeqib thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2013
    Location:
    Minna, Nigeria
    #3
    Because I thought 30hours of drying was enough.
     
  4. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

    JPNFRK7

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #4
    I believe the antenna connector is right next to the battery cable on the iPhone 4/4S. I could be wrong but you might have accidentally disconnected the radio antenna when you took the battery out.
     

Share This Page