iPhone 4S Flash Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sharp00782, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sharp00782, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

sharp00782 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Am new to this forum so please bear with me. I recently purchased an iPhone 4S 16GB in Black. I have owned all iPhones to date and they have all performed superbly. I was initially very eager as this one comes with an 8MP Camera. I have taken a fair few snaps in daylight and been rather impressed. Anyway, to cut a long story short, last Friday, me and the wife had a few people over and I attempted to take a photo in low light conditions, the flash kicked in, and well, as you can see below, poor performanace and what looks like bleed through as the picture is ghosted white withe the bulk coming from the lower left side of ever picture.

OK, the phone is a 4S, Black and without a case. Any suggestions guys?

Oh, and as per other threads, there is NO plastic left on the back!

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I see that you don't have a case on. Cases can cause this and most do. But do you have some kind of skin or plastic film on the back? Those can also cause this flash washout effect.

3. sharp00782 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. The phone is completely naked as it were.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Are you able tell if this occurs in all flash pictures? If it does, your camera module could be defective.

5. sharp00782 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is every single flash picture. Problem is, this one I got 2nd hand on eBay. It shows are warranty valid until November 2012, can I still send this back for warranty repair? I have looked on the Service part of Apple and this problem isnt covered by ANY of the options? Although I did in the end click anything and add the problem in the notes and they have sent me a box to return?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Apple should still repair or replace it as long as your warranty is good and it isn't a stolen iPhone. Do you have a local Apple Store you can take it to for service?

7. sharp00782 thread starter macrumors newbie

No mate, closest is about 80 miles, which is surprising considering I live in a major city!