iPhone 4S - From Good Battery to Bad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alaric2b, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Alaric2b macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2011
    So I've been reading up on the battery threads lately (especially Batterygate). My situation is a little different as my battery life started off good for two weeks and is now bad.

I got my iPhone 4S on launch day and the battery life was good for the first two weeks. A couple days ago, my battery life (even on standby) reduced significantly. It seems like one day, I woke up, took the charger off, and my battery decided to drain very fast (1% every 5 minutes on standby).

There have been no changes to any apps or settings. I've even done a clean restore to a new phone and still no way of getting my previous battery experience back.

I've also done a full recycle of the battery and am still experiencing this.

Finally, I changed the settings, I tried disabling some location services. The battery still pales in comparison to how my first two weeks were.

I always leave my phone on standby while at work (for 9 hours). For the first 2 weeks, my battery would be down to 90% by the end of the work day (all apps off). Now, my battery is down to 50% by the end of the work day (all apps off).

Any ideas on this?
  2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

Sep 8, 2011
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
  3. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

Nov 8, 2010
    South Carolina
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My problems are the same. My 4S pales in comparison to my 4. At the end of an 8 hour work day I'm at 50-60% whereas my 4 would be at 90%.

I'm hoping the software trick does the job or Apple will replace this for a different one.
  4. bajaracing macrumors member

Jun 20, 2009
    my 4s was great 1st 2 weeks too. now, my phone drops to the redzone 10% by 3-4pm. looking forward to the os update!
  5. Deran786 macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2011
    Unfortunate experiencing the same issues with my #iPhone4S. It's ridiculous. Turning location services and notifications jus so I can get 3/4 of a days charge.