Iphone 4s glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applebabies, Dec 7, 2011.

1. applebabies macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is it really scratch resistant? Is it the oleophobic coating that prevents scratches or the gorilla glass itself? I read its made up of helicopter glass.

Anyone here got scratches on their 4s? Just got my 4s a week ago and it seems flawless. I tried putting on a screen protector but its feel is different. So i removed it. I think im treating it like a baby thats the reason why no scratches.

Just want to know if anyone here got scratches on their 4s.

Coz if you got, i think ill be putting back my screen protector.

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My understanding is that it does resist scratches but it can still get scratched.
    I put on a screen protector on both front and back of my 4S as soon as I got it just to be sure.
    Some cheaper protectors you can feel its plastic and your finger doesnt scroll as smooth or easy. The one I have on you cant even tell by looking or touching it that its there.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm with Applejuiced on both counts. The screen definitely can get scratched as evidenced by posts here. A good screen protector is essentially indistinguishable from the naked screen, my personal preference is the SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic.