Iphone 4S Gps Chip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukeyyyyy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. lukeyyyyy macrumors member

Here is my current situation, I am due an upgrade currenty have the 3gs, due to the company I work for I get 40% off my Contract, so either way ill be getting a 32Gb Iphone 4s on a 18 month contract,

Now I have the choice of either selling the Iphone 4S the day of release on ebay, or keeping it for myself

I do in someways want to keep the phone, due to "siri" a memory upgrade and the camera,

but I can't justify losing out on £600-700 pounds, for the reasons above

However I constantly use the gps in my iphone, I need to as my day to day job involves driving to various locations, could be up to 30 different places in a given day, So I think the deciding factor would be has the gps chip been upgraded

I appreciate the fact no consumer has the phone yet, but I am more looking for blogs or reports, could be rumors, unsure if i am weeing in the wind but thought its worth a shot

Cheers

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I could not ask for a better chip in the iP4 so even if it is the same, I could not complain.

I have three very large planters spaced about 12 feet apart in front of my house. I can fire up my iPhone 4 with the Sat map and tell which one of those three planters I am standing in front of! I was shocked that I can see these three planters but to see the arrow move from one to another as I walk by them is good enough for me!