iPhone 4S Hardware issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SweeneyD24, Mar 27, 2016.

1. SweeneyD24 macrumors regular

SweeneyD24

Hi guys,

I've been having some battery issues with my iPhone 4S for over a year and a half now.
    The battery would deplete really fast and the phone would switch off at ~ 24% or less. At first i thought i had to calibrate the battery. I did that 2/3 times but nothing changed. So i recently decided to change the battery thinking that there may be an issue with the battery itself. Still, nothing changed. I'm still having the same issue.

On standby it would last a day with ~35% remaining. But whenever i use it (music/photo/games/instagram, etc..) the battery would drop by at least 10% in less than 5 minutes.

Is there some kind of hardware issue with the iPhone itself?

2. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

There might be app/s running on the background. You can also try to reset network settings. Last resort would be a clean install. If after that the problem persists it's definitely hardware.
    Just make sure before you restore your phone that Apple has stopped bricking phones with the 9.3 "update " -like it bricked mine.
    Good luck.