iPhone 4S high frequency noise through dock connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphnhelp, Oct 15, 2011.

1. iphnhelp macrumors regular

In my car my iPhone 4 worked fine but when I plug the 4S in and play audio through my car stereo I hear a high-frequency noise that's not there with the 4. I remember this issue long ago on the 3GS and it was fixed with a software update so hopefully this will be too. Anyone else experience this?

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Assuming you are plugged to the charging on your phone it is feed back from your power plug getting into the audio wire. A software update can not always fix that.
    I have seen it across multiple chargers and it happens to and it relative to the engine speed.

3. Mrawr macrumors member

Yes. I have the high frequency noise when I'm charging my 4S in the car and listening to my jams.

4. iphnhelp thread starter macrumors regular

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else who has as 4S has experienced this. I think it can be fixed via a software update because the 3GS did the same thing at first, I believe. Anyone else notice this?

5. erasr macrumors 6502

Yeah I made a topic on this too, last week.

When I connect it via an auxiliary cable I can hear a high frequency pitch sound, like a whistle. Really, really, really, really annoying, because I listen so much in my car.

Google this issue and it's all over Apple community forums too.

I think everyone will have it but haven't realised yet.

Only issue I have with my iPhone.

6. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

i have it evry time i use skype