iPhone 4s hurts my ear. High pitch sounds emitted.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schaaf, Oct 18, 2011.

1. schaaf macrumors newbie

Hi gang,

I had a 4, and a 3s, and a 3g, so Im not new to iPhones, but this one is killing my ear.

As I talk on it i hear this high pitch whine or clipping sound in my ear as the other person talks back. Its horrid. It actually hurts... and I think the effects are prevalent after I am done with the call too. My ears ring and my balance feels off.

I know this sounds weird, but I talked on my wifes iPhone 4 last night and it was just fine.

My 4s also makes a horrid sound when the vibrate activates too. its this tinny rattle sound... not sure if they are related..

Just wanted to know if anyone else was having this issue. Maybe you can't hear it if its there? Who knows. Im not going crazy tho. I did tests with other peoples iPhone 4s at school and theres were fine.

anyone?

S-

2. transam7816 macrumors regular

3. patmcm macrumors newbie

Frequency

Hi,

I have a similar problem, the 4s is also causing my ear to pop multiple times during a call, leaving me with a slight ear ache after . I also have the 3 & 4 with no problems. The speaker makes a strange echo during the call. Must be some strange frequency issue.
    Will take it to the apple store and see what they say... Did getting a new phone correct the problem?

Pat