iPhone 4s iCloud and Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TOMIMOT, Oct 14, 2011.

1. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

heres my issue that i can't seem to solve myself and have searched the forums for this. I had an iPhone 4 and just purchased a 4s. iCloud is suppose to store my contact list. I signed into my apple ID on my iCloud on my new 4s but contacts aren't being pushed to my new phone. Is there something i need to do? or something I'm not getting? Ps my iPhone 4s is also telling me to create an "@.me account" when my iPhone 4 didn't ask me to...

2. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I have a similar prob, but I'm trying to get my contacts from my iPad 2 to my iPhone 4s...

3. darkgoob macrumors 6502

I recommend NOT using any kind of syncing services AT ALL on the new iPhone for a few weeks until they have the bugs worked out.

Unless you like being a guinea pig...

4. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

Is there a tethered way to transfer my contacts? I just dont want to have to retype them

5. TOMIMOT thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

found out a way, click on info after you connected ur iPhone to iTunes, then click on sync contacts and make sure your iCloud device has sync contacts on, your contacts should appear on your new device