Iphone 4s in New York

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrRich87, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MrRich87 macrumors newbie

Hi to everyone, i'll fly from france to new york on 31th of october for a travel....
    i would like to buy in NY the new iphone 4s because of the change euro-dollar... do you know if in the first of november it will be avalaible the iphone 4s without any contract operator in the apple stores??
    Thanks a lot

2. JD76 macrumors member

The Apple store here in NYC said sometime in November but didnt give an actual date.

3. MrRich87 thread starter macrumors newbie

no.... so it s impossible it will be there in 1 of november :(

4. jsh macrumors regular

5. MrRich87 thread starter macrumors newbie

now i ask it again... on friday i'll be in NY..... and next wednesday i'll be back in france so..... is it possibile to buy the iphone 4s in NY?? :D:D:D

6. Montanan macrumors member

It's my understanding that the unlocked iPhone 4s hasn't officially been released yet ... so the only phones out there would be locked to a US carrier. And even those are seriously backordered right now.

7. MrRich87 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh no... so it s impossible for me to buy there??

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I think it's already been established that nothing is impossible, but it's highly improbable.

9. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

NYC is a mess to get an iphone. They still have people waiting in 2.5 hours lines! I bought it in another state as a result, no line, took 10 minutes.

10. Pravius macrumors regular

I just walked into a Best Buy mobile store yesterday and got lucky and they had one... bought it. But yea they are VERY hard to get all over the US right now unless you go to a non populated area.

11. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Did you drive more than 2.5 hours to get the phone and spend $50 in gas? I probably would have either ordered it online (to deliver) or waited in line.

12. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

Rumors has it that Arkansas and Iowa are just as fashion forward as NYC.

So, there must be iPhones there. Better, no lines.

13. Montanan macrumors member

You'd think that since I live out in the middle of nowhere, I'd be golden as far as the iPhone search goes.

But nope ... a two-week waiting list at the local Verizon store, and the closest Apple store is 400 miles away. :mad:

14. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Not really, since you live out in the middle of nowhere, they supply less phones there.

They don't just give 1,000 phones to every store. They give more to big city stores and less to smaller town stores.

15. Montanan macrumors member

True, of course ... but the conventional stereotype would be that we small-town hicks aren't sophisticated enough to want Shiny Apple Toys.

(Definitely a false stereotype, though. :) )

16. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Apple stores in NYC are tourist attractions as well -- especially the fifth avenue store. When I went there to pick it up (haha) it seemed like mostly "tourists" in line waiting to pickup phones.

Nope, I live in another area so not a big deal for me. Plenty in stock in DC area, no significant lines since reservation system in effect they told me in the Apple store.

17. film major macrumors member

I was at the Times Square AT&T store yesterday returning a case. The employee told me they were all out of the 4S buy Sunday of launch weekend and hadn't gotten another shipment since and didn't know when they would get one. All the Apple stores here are also out.

18. MrRich87 thread starter macrumors newbie

how is it possible tourists waiting to pickup phones??? so i can buy iphone 4s even if i am not american ??? :D:D:D

19. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

people who export them in the "carry on bags" for re-sale in countries not yet selling the 4s