iphone 4s in ontario

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vance09, Jun 3, 2012.

1. vance09 macrumors regular

Last friday i bought an iPhone 4s from the apple store waterloo ont and i bought it unlocked,i am a pay as you go rogers customer so i had my old rogers sim card converted to the micro sim and i am on my way.9and working great)
    I was under the impression i could switch sim cards at any time i.e. in a different country or in my case in a eastern province and i would like to use bell for a short time as rogers don't have good coverage for nfld apple support says not the case i would have to go through rogers to have it unlocked from my phone ,but it should not be locked .
    Any better info here would be appreciated
    Also the iPad acc the cd/usb adapters are not supported by the iPhone ,transferring pictures to a iPhone is not possible with a cable ,that was the reasoning of purchasing a 64gig phone (that was a shock)(both devices echo back not supported)
    Then siri surprises,in canada its basic only plays music and calls on the cell no questions etc are accepted mind this should change)

2. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

When you bought a iPhone from Apple store you should have told them you want a factory unlocked one. You have to be specific otherwise they give you one that is going to be with your carrier. Also did you pay full price? because only then you can get a Factory unlocked iPhone 4S. Rogers will not unlock for you due to their insanely stupid policy which is like a trap rather than a solution.

Also to transfer photo's from iPhone to iPad you will/would need the Apple Camera Connection Kit for iPad, though which you can connect your iPhone 4S to your iPad and transfer photo's.

iPhone charger is 5W....iPad charger is 10W, therefore it will say "Not Supported" or "Not Charging" but will still charge your iPad....just at a slower pace....ex 2-4 times longer to charge your iPad. You can use the iPad charger to charge the iPhone as its backwards compatible and iPhone will only draw the 5W of power it requires to charge.

As for Siri, Yes it has its share of limitations and its mostly functional in USA, we are facing similar limitations as the rest of the world is but I'm sure in the near future that is going to change.

3. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

more on the iphone4s

Also to transfer photo's from iPhone to iPad you will/would need the Apple Camera Connection Kit for iPad, though which you can connect your iPhone 4S to your iPad and transfer photo's.
    I have this connection kit and when you insert the device into the iPhone it says unsupported device even with photos on the sd card and i have the latest iOS

4. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

more on the iphone4s

also my phone was purchased unlocked as i am pay as you go ,i should be able to switch sim cards

5. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Use iCloud instead.