iPhone 4S insurance. yes? no? which kind?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CounterCulture, Oct 16, 2011.

1. CounterCulture macrumors newbie

simple question. are you getting insurance for your brand spanking new beauty or not? and if so which kind? i was thinking about the AT&T insurance. +$6.99 a month and it covers lost/theft/accidental for $199 deductible. thoughts?

2. rkeato1 macrumors regular

I got AppleCare+ with mine... I've dropped my 3GS nearly everyday for the last year (never broke!). I think it's worth it... AppleCare+ potentially gives me two more phones for the cost of one phone under the AT&T insurance.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Unless you lose it or its jacked. Then your SOL.

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

AppleCare+ for me too. I know you may be technically able to get replacement screens cheaper via eBay and some manual work but I need a working phone for business, I'm not going to miss a week of client calls (something that may potentially cost me thousands of dollars and my reputation) over saving $50.

This way, I get my replacement right away at one of the many Apple stores in my area.

And this is good for 2 years PLUS regular defects are covered too, hassle free. Good deal for $99 one time + an extra $50 on the off chance I do drop my phone.

If its lost or stolen, I'll go to the Verizon store down the street and buy one full price right away. No time to waste filling out paperwork, getting police reports, paying deductibles, and waiting for a replacement. Carrier warranties DO have deductibles for lost or stolen too, and I believe they arent small.

When I owned a 3GS I did drop it and cracked the screen, and a local repair shop fixed it within 2 hours but I had to pay $100 for the ONE repair, and they used a non-Apple replacement part that just didn't "feel" right not to mention didn't extend my warranty.

5. rkeato1 macrumors regular

True - I've never had my phone stolen and never lost it, but it could always happen. $7 a month via AT&T ain't bad as a backup plan...

6. FredV macrumors member

FredV

My At&t told me it was $10 a month?

I'm thinking about it, its not bad, especially if lost or stolen.

7. AVonGauss macrumors regular

AT&T also has a pretty decently sized deductible, haven't done the math, but my guess is you'd be better off stashing that $10 away yourself.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I got AppleCare+; if I drop it, it will be covered… if I lose it, then I deserve not having a phone.

9. CounterCulture thread starter macrumors newbie

thought about that too but according to AT&T, you can "Cancel anytime and receive a prorated refund of unused premium."

[​IMG]

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

dang that's a bit much dontcha think? lol. Samurai style honor I see.