iPhone 4s iOS 5.0.1 & iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 - Jailbreak ETA

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by movadoevo8, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movadoevo8 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just joined these forums today, because i'm new to the iPhone world. Well technically I had the original iPhone 1st gen and the iPhone 3g then i left the iPhone world. Now i'm back with a new iPhone 4s and iPad 2 both running iOS 5.0.1. I been reading the forums and it seems that the Jailbreak software is in the works. Can someone confirm that indeed the Jailbreak software in the works and who is working on it so i can check for updates daily? Also can someone confirm an ETA if any? Much appreciated, thank you!

-Movado

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

Why dont you confirm it yourself by reading one of the five+ threads a few lines down from the top?

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Pointless thread.

Keep tabs on pod2g's blog, he as well as others are working on it.

No one here will have a legit ETA. Only the dev team knows.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This forum really needs a newbie section only. Until you've gotten to 100 posts or whatever you can't even post in the regular forums. Let the newbies entertain each other with their same old questions.

You managed to find this forum, why don't you read something for yourself?

5. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

The title of the thread reads more like something you knew instead of a question...

Its amazing how people will take all the time to make a new thread and 0 time actually searching the forum :(.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Lol. That's actually a really good idea

7. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

I think it is a part of the Mayan calendar...might want to look into that

8. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

I've been on forums where you need a certain amount of posts before you can create a new thread.

9. kevintech macrumors 6502

Does anyone have a cookie for this person?

10. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

if

If you clearly cant tell, the OP just joined today....instead of flaming his thread and making him feel like an idiot, why doesnt someone PM him some helpful hints. Everyone deserves a chance before being abused as a serial idiot poster. :)

11. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

arn isn't going to change anything, this happens everytime there is a release of anything...

just dont respond and they will fall into the wasteland.

12. complexcommunic macrumors regular

I don't understand why the Macrumors community has to berate noobs like this. Maybe if you welcomed more people into the Jailbreaking community, there would be more jailbreakers, and we wouldn't have to wait this long.

How about instead of yelling at them and telling them "go look at the other 5 threads ont his subject," be polite and give them a link to one of those threads where they can actually find the information. It just takes one to two posts to give someone links, and then that thread will gradually sink to the bottom, not bothering anyone. It's not like the iphone hacks section is particularly busy and bustling. There are maybe 5 active threads at any given time. Plenty of room for noob questions.

So here, I'll start the politeness:

OP, currently the person most involved in Jailbreaking the iPhone 4S is Pod2g. The best place to keep up with updates is his blog, at: http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/
    There's also a big thread here on these forums where people are talking (and arguing) about those updates. You should read this thread for lots of details and speculations: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1289257

Now to everyone else, quit yelling at noobs. If you have any more links to add to mine that the OP should read, post them. If not, keep it to yourself and let this thread die.

13. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Ugh...I got excited there for a moment! People need to stop creating threads like this! :(

14. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

What a top notch member you are, sir.

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Again???? sigh.......

16. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.