iPhone 4S iOS 5 Text Stutter.

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by The Californian, Oct 20, 2011.

1. The Californian, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Is anyone else experiencing a stutter in the text tone on either their iPhone 4S or other devices on iOS 5?

Here's a video of it happening.

2. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

It's a software issue which comes up after 1-2 days of usage. Goes away if you reboot/restore/hard reset. But again returns after 1-2 days.

Numerous topics exist regarding this.
    Hopefully software update should fix this.

3. katelbatels macrumors newbie

This is happening to my iPhone too, and I just have a 4, with the i0s5 upgrade. this stutter is driving me crazy, I changed tones, but doesn't effect it, and it only happens when the phone is locked, either manually or "sleeping".

4. xploit macrumors regular

I started a thread on this a cople days ago. I think it's DOUBLE ALERT TONE. Anyway 2 days ago I was told by apple to do a reset and restore which I did. I should also say the first time this happened I turned the Phone off and then back on which fixed it for approx 2 days and the it came back. I will let you know if the restore did fix it as tomorrow will be when it should begin to occur if it is still an issue.

X

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Haven't had that happen yet on my 4S, but it would happen, albeit rarely, on my 3GS with iOS 4.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Relative to the scale of the iOS 5 project, bugs like this are bound to surface. I'm sure Apple will have it resolved by the next rev.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Happens to my phone when it isn't locked as well. The vibration sometimes stutters too. It's doing my head in..

How can something like this not get noticed during testing? It's a consistent bug and it happens each time you get a text message!

8. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Yes, rebooting has seemed to fix the problem temporarily for me. I have an iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

only happened with stock Apple sounds for me.. i'm using a custom sound now and no issue.

10. DanielCarroll macrumors newbie

Stutter fix

Go in to sound settings and make sure vibration is turned off. This turns off the vibe& ring option. Your phone will still vibrate when in silent mode. This worked for me.

11. gagandeep90 macrumors newbie

There is a fix posted for this issue where you do not need to turn of vibrate or turn of view in lock screen. Go to the following link to read it. http://iostricks.com/double-text-message-ringtone-fix-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4-131

12. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

My iPhone 4S has been doing this for about a week now, I have learned to live with it but still bugs me. I always have people asking me what's wrong with my phone. Any type of easy fix discovered yet or do I still have to restore?

13. kolax macrumors G3

Software update fixed it for me. I've not had it since I posted in this thread.

Though, I use a different text tone (calypso) now.

14. traumuhhtize macrumors member

15. kokhean macrumors regular