iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.3 Lockscreen Bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SCOLANATOR, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

For the first time ever when using an iPhone I experienced a strange frozen lock screen.

I was able to use Siri by holding down the main button, I was able to slide up and down but not use any of the option and I couldn't unlock my phone or slide to power off. Need to do a lock+home button shutdown.

Is this an issue with iOS 7.0.3? This is the first time it's happened to me but I'm a little worried this might become a recurring issue?

2. RoyalElephant macrumors member

It's not the first i've heard of it. My Sisters iPhone 4 has this issue but it happens just after booting.

My lock screen on my iPad(3rd generation) had freak out the other day and the animating for exiting an app froze and the icons just got stuck and scattered all over the place, then I locked it expecting it to go away but then when I woke it up instead of a lock screen I just got the app, really small in the middle of the screen with my wallpaper blurred.

So I wouldn't really worry about the actual device itself but there's definitely some severe issues with iOS 7 - 7.0.3 that need to be worked on.

If it does happen again I recommend restoring the iPhone via iTunes in recovery mode.