iPhone 4s + iOS 7 + Gevey

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bona64, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Bona64 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys
    I have a 4s that is locked to vodafone UK and I currently have the Gevey Ultra s 2.02 and it unlocks the phone to Bell Canada on IOS 6.1.3. Can anyone confirm that the gevey will unlock my phone after I update to IOS 7? I have seen on other threads that it works but they are mostly American phones :confused:

2. Bona64 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Fardeenah. I have actually looked through that thread and majority of the phones and networks they are taking about are American. I guess my question is does it matter what country or network your 4s is locked to for the gevey sim to work?

3. fardeenah macrumors regular

yes it will work fine. no worries. just update and enjoy ios 7. i am a gevey user too

4. petler macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    I got iPhone 4S with iOS 6 locked on Canadian Bell with Gevey. It's possible to activate iPhone in iOS7.x.x? I was e-mailing to applenberry.com (where was Gevey bought) and they answered me 'Gevey will be not working on iOS7'. Any experience? Anybody knows if it's already any way how to downgrade back to iOS 6 (just in case) or another way to unlock iPhone?
    Thanks in advance guys!

5. olikromberg macrumors newbie

I don't think you can go back to a lower ios once you have upgraded.
    Also if you can live without ios7, then I would stay on ios6 or lower on an iPhone 4s.
    I had 2 iphone 4s's and they both got the dreaded greyed out Wifi/Bluetooth when I upgraded to ios7. When I went to get the phone replaced for a 3rd time from my insurance company, I was told to simply get an iphone 5 or higher as there was "less chance of the Wifi problem happening again".

6. chadkhan macrumors newbie

fardeenah i am a new user to gevey... i am a cdma iphone 4s user i recently updated

fardeenah i am a new user to gevey... i am a cdma iphone 4s user i recently updated to ios7 but my phone would not connect to my carrier any solutions? please help :((((

7. fardeenah macrumors regular

sorry i dont know much abt cdma , but did you set ur gevey to ur carrier?