iPhone iPhone 4S (iOS 7) Not Recognizing Albums Created in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Phuz01, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Phuz01 macrumors member

I like to download individual songs by an artist from the iTunes store and then group them as an album in iTunes by selecting all the songs by that artist, changing the Album field to "Artist Name: Greatest Hits" and changing the Sort Album field to the same name.

For all the previous versions of iOS, iTunes/Music on the iPhone respected these albums and displayed them properly under the Albums view - one album in the proper alphabetical order in the list, and when you tap the album, you see the songs I added in the numerical order I assigned though iTunes. iOS 7 seems to respect that I've put these songs in an album, as they all display in the Album list where my album name is supposed to display, but they display as individual albums.

For example, I have an "Indigo Girls Greatest Hits" album in iTunes. All 50 of my favorite Indigo Girls songs were contained in that album. In iOS 6 it displayed as "Indigo Girls Greatest Hits" with cover art from "All That We Let In." Now, there's no "Indigo Girls Greatest Hits," but in the alphabetical Album list under the I's where 'Indigo Girls Greatest Hits" should display, the album "All That We Let In" with 2 songs displays followed by "Become You" with 1 song, "Despite Our Differences" with 4 songs, "Rites of Passage" with 9 songs, etc.

I've tried changing settings within iTunes and on my phone, but nothing seems to fix it. Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody come up with a workaround? Or should I submit this to Apple as a bug?

And yes, I realize I could accomplish the same thing through playlists, but I have a lot of complete albums in my library, and I prefer not having to sort through a mess of albums with just 1 or 2 songs to get to the complete albums when this consolidation has worked so well in the past.

Thanks for reading and any insight you might offer.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Check the "part of a compilation" box. That should keep them together.

3. Phuz01 thread starter macrumors member

You would think, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, I already tried that and it doesn't.

I've been on iTunes since 2004, and this is the first time I've ever had problems with an iPod or iPhone not recognizing song metadata changes made in iTunes, which leads me to believe this might be a bug.