Iphone 4s IOS 8.1.3 Power Bank charging issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kar120c, Feb 15, 2015.

1. kar120c macrumors member

My 4s won't get full charge from my 14000 mah Ravpower Power bank, it stops at 87/88% but with the "charghing" symbol lighted.
    I tried to have a problem with the Charger but my other phone, a Galaxy S3 gets full charge form this power bank.
    I noticed the issue after I updated to IOS 8.x.x; may be firmware bug or an intentional action of Apple in attempt to prevent using nor original chargers?
    ps my cable is an original one

2. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

I've been using battery bricks for a long time - with iPhones and Android phones.

If you're using an older power brick and you're charging it overnight - a lot of the old bricks will shut off once the phone is charged to 100%. I'm sure you know that when you charge overnight, your wall charger will charge the phone to 90% then trickle charge - shut off, let the phone drop to 95% and then trickle charge back to 100%.

Older and some current day power bricks will just shut off (to save drain) ---- and that's why when you wake up the next morning your iPhone is not at 100% - especially if you have a rogue app using tons of resources.

I apologize if this isn't your problem but it was the only thing that came to mind when I read your post - as a possibility. :/