iPhone 4S + iPad 2 + MBP?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mark28, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

Does it make sense to buy an iPad 2 if you got a iPhone 4S and a MBP?

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I have an iPad 2 along with an iPhone and MBP. Im in college and I use mine as an e-book. So all I need is the iPad and a binder or two. All depends on what you plan to do with it. Makes a beautiful book to study with.

3. HazChem macrumors regular

Depends on your need.

I have the 4S which serves as my phone (obviously). My MBP is one of my home computers. My iPad 2 is used to surf when I'm out and about and want something more substantial than my phone. I also use it for work such as taking notes, viewing files, etc...

4. RRNYC macrumors member

I have all three and believe that they all have their place. My phone has everything my iPad has but I do not like typing more than a few messages on it at any given time. I use it for calls, entertainment and reference. I find the MBP too heavy to carry around all the time so I have it on me only when I need it for work. The iPad is a perfect intermediate device I can carry with me all the time to do light to medium work, watch videos and store photographs when traveling.

5. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

I have an iPhone 4, iPad and a MacBook Air. This combination gives me the perfect level of portability, connectivity and battery life. The iPad gets the most use though so go figure.

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I have all 3 as well. iPad works well for streaming content to the large screen tv via atv or for pulling content from itunes on my iMac. My iPad also has very specific content related to medical that can't be used on a phone and the laptop is to big and inconvenient to haul everywhere.

7. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

I too have the iP4 and MBP13. I thought it is enough for studying until I got the iPad2. I have to admit I use my iPhone and MBP less since then. The iPad(2) integrates perfect into my learning and work requirements.

With GoodReader I have one app which alone makes the iPad worth its price. I got the 3G Version which shares my Ip4's Data plan and do not regret paying the extra € because tethering to the iPad and or the MBP is a pain if your low on battery.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have all three as well (well, the 4 not the 4s), and they all serve their own purpose. My MBP is my "hub" where I sync up my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. I also use it primarily for Photoshop to edit my photographs. My iPad 2 I have been using more and more as an e-Reader, email, social networking, and for light internet browsing. My iPhone is for pretty much everything else (texts, social networking, email, and d/ling songs on the go).

All 3 devices have their own specific purpose, and they were well worth the money spent on them.

9. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have all three and to be honest since getting my iPad 2 I use my MBP much less it only really got used when I needed it to run specific programs when I was at University but since leaving my MBP is now only used for converting video and syncing stuff to my iPhone & iPad.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Depends on who you ask. It's not a question with a one-size-fits-all answer. I have all 3. I say yes. YMMV as with any highly subjective question like this. Different people have different needs/wants/budgets/priorities.

Any reason we need yet another thread on this matter? Have you referred to the prior identical threads on the topic?

11. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I have this combo and hardly use my MBP, but to be honest I would class myself as a light user.

12. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, MacBook Air 11" (i5), and MBP (i7). What I use all depends on where I'm going and what I need to do. Nothing like having a variety of tools in the shed.

13. mooseknuckles macrumors member

I have this combo... 4s, ipad2 w/3g and MBP (i7). If I were to get rid of one, the first thing to go would be the iPhone. The iPad w/a data plan (installed/tethered) is incredibly functional! The phone sits more then it is used. Accessing info on the iPhone is cumbersome and the screen is too small. As soon as VZW releases the Galaxy Nexus I will be picking it up as I prefer an Android phone. Love the iPad and MBP, phone is not inspiring. Best of luck!

14. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I too have the combo (see sig below). I find myself using the iPad more and more. If it had Flash and decent Office apps, I probably would never (almost) use the MBP anymore.

15. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

its the same combo i have. its a killer combo IMO :D

16. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

As my signature says, I am currently using an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and MBP, they all come with me everywhere (except shower time, that is me only time), and I don't think my day's work would get done without all of them.

17. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have a MBA, iPhone 4S and iPad 2. I use my iPad 2 for all my textbooks and quick note taking. Everything else on my MBA. Perfect combination in my opinion.

18. Fynd macrumors 6502

I've got an ipad 2, iphone 4s, and a late 2011 MBP. It's a great combo so far. All of my reading and browsing goes down on my iPad, along with note taking and etc. MBP is my workstation, and my phone is well... my phone :p Sometimes takes on some of my iPad's uses but not often.

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes. Different devices for different uses.

20. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

22. heyloo macrumors 6502

^ Hah, pretty much the same deal for me. Although I have a 2011 MBA instead and a PC to do my heavy lifting. I love the combination so far. :) Each serves similar yet different purposes and they all work for me.

23. heyloo macrumors 6502

^ Hah, pretty much the same deal for me. Although I have a 2011 MBA instead and a PC to do my heavy lifting. I love the combination so far. :) Each serves similar yet different purposes and they all work for me.

24. heyloo macrumors 6502

25. heyloo macrumors 6502