iPhone 4S is not remembering Wifi connection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stuke00, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

We have a WPA2 Enterprise connection at work that has to be manually setup. Everyday I come to work or move in range of another access point, I have to resetup the connection with my user name and password. My iPad2 running iOS5 does not have this problem at all. Any ideas what is causing this or how to fix it?

2. Stuke00 thread starter macrumors 68000

No one else has any ideas or has had this issue?

3. ExecTech24 macrumors newbie

I and others have the exact same problem. Some people were able to work around it by downloading and using the iPhone Configuration Utility but I tried and it didn't work for me.

If you scroll down to Alaine89's post he was able to manually enter the wifi connection via the utility and says it worked.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3385080?start=15&tstart=0

Good luck, this is an Apple issue that I hope they fix soon. I have some exec's dying to use our wifi at work with the phone.

4. ExecTech24 macrumors newbie

Success. I spoke with some of our engineers about the setup of the network and found that it's actually WEP Enterprise and there's no certificate to add. It's managed somehow by allowing the device onto the network.. not really sure.

Anyway, it was a matter of configuring the phone correctly in the Configuration Utility.

Then I installed the profile, and touched the appropriate wifi hot spot and it looks like it's working without dropping now.