Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

profinite

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Update: --> Posted at the Hack forum. (Thanks, Ashwood11)

I am a bit puzzled as to why a jailbreak is taking this long to arrive for the iPhone 4S since the phone has been in the market for more than a month.

Perhaps, I am not patient enough. But, on one hand, we hear that an unlock for the iPhone 4S is near. It has always been the case that a jailbreak arrives first, trailed eternally by an unlock if the latter ever becomes available.

Does anyone know really where we stand on the iPhone 4S jailbreak?

:cool:

Last edited:

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I am a bit puzzled as to why a jailbreak is taking this long to arrive for the iPhone 4S since the phone has been in the market for more than a month.

Perhaps, I am not patient enough. But, on one hand, we hear that an unlock for the iPhone 4S is near. It has always been the case that a jailbreak arrives first, trailed eternally by an unlock if the latter ever becomes available.

Does anyone know really where we stand on the iPhone 4S jailbreak?

:cool:

Jailbreak…there's a forum for that

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Ya I've been waiting for it as well. The notification bar is so limited on its own, jailbreak will make it tons more useful. That and BiteSMS, these will be the first I install on my phone :D

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I was wondering the same. I'm still on 5.0 and I still cannot decide to upgrade or not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.