iPhone 4s "Jailbreak" Mishap (Not What You Think), Suggestions Needed.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Agent 21, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Agent 21 macrumors regular

So my 4S came in the mail on launch day and I finally got time to set it up today. So I backup my 3GS (jailbroken on 4.2) like normal, sync my contacts and pics etc. So I set up the 4S and I'm playin around, side-by-siding the 2 phones, admiring the new toy. Then I realize that the rotation inhibitor icon is on BOTH phones. So I check to see if it's just the icon leftover or if rotation is actually locked. Sure enough, rotation is locked on an unjailbroken 4S lol. Apparently rotation inhibitor was still on in SBSettings when I backed it up. But 3G was also turned off in SBSettings, and 3G works on the 4S, so something weird happened.

Here's my issue. 95% of the time I have rotation lock on. So normally thatd be fine, but I DO turn it off to watch videos (flipping it whatever way you want is key when watching vids when it's plugged in), and when I'm using recording apps so I can have the phone upside down with microphone pointed towards my amps but have the interface be oriented rightside up.

Do I have any options between permanent rotation lock and "turn it off on 3GS, re-sync, restore 4S from new backup"? Why can't apple just add the option to turn that off as part of the normal iOS? Honestly Rotation Lock is the only reason I re-jailbroke after my 3GS went haywire. I've dabbled in the otter stuff around cydia and such, but the only thing I use daily is rotation inhibitor (and obviously the SBSetting menu). If iOS had a rotation toggle then I most-likely wouldn't jailbreak, I'm not as into all the stuff anymore.

2. Bernard SG, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

iOS has a rotation toggle when you double-tap on home button and swipe right on the open apps row. Or are you talking about something else?

3. Agent 21 thread starter macrumors regular

^^^^ No, I was talking about that......I'm an IDOT, I had no idea that existed hahahaha! I never play with those types of features (the double tap menus or voice stuff). I always searched settings menus high and low for a toggle and could never find it so assumed it wasn't there. Since what iOS version has it existed lol?

Thanks a bunch man, you made my day. Now Im not as impatient for a 4S jailbreak lol.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG