iPhone 4S Japanese model muting issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cub, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Cub macrumors member

Hi all,
    I just recently purchased an iPhone 4S here in Australia, the problem is that it is a Japanese model where I can not mute the camera function even when the whole phone is on silent mode, now I do not want to jailbreak the phone so how can I go about muting the camera without jailbreaking as returning it looks impossible and costly,

Thanks all
    David

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can't. Japanese iPhone's are setup to make it impossible to mute the camera function (it's a legal thing, don't want any creepers snapping photos of people unwillingly).

I don't know if there's anything a jailbreak can do about it, but if so, that's the only way to possibly get rid of it that I know of.

3. Cub thread starter macrumors member

The jailbreak allows access to the root files, where I can edit the file name for the sound, making it nullfor when it is in silent mode. Using a program like ifunbox, i need to jailbreak it to access the root files, would anyone know of any other programs which could without jailbreaking?

Thanks