iPhone 4S lock button not working :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thaghost, Sep 22, 2012.

1. thaghost macrumors 6502

I have a iphone 4S and the lock button has stopped working. It is stuck down. Regardless of how hard I press down it won't do anything. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

2. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Take it to an Apple Store for a warranty replacement or $199 oow replacement if it is no longer under warranty. Just don't forget to back it up in iTunes or to the iCloud before you leave.

4. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

JUST had this happen to me! Stopped working out of no where last night. Can't get it to work.

I really hope they either fix it, or replace it with another white 4s 32gb.

5. falcora macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4S hasn't even been out for a year. It's definitely still under warranty.

6. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

7. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

hint: my contract isn't up, nor do I have the money to purchase an off contract phone.

8. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

while it still under warranty, my phone is jail broke. So i don't know if they would cover that.

9. moonman239 macrumors 68000

That's why your lock button doesn't appear to be working. I think the best thing to do would be to either restore your phone or uninstall any MobileSubstrate add-ons that might be causing the problem.

10. dotme macrumors 6502a

Software can not fix a stuck hardware button.

Get your warranty claim into Apple before your one year is up. Do not delay.

11. thaghost thread starter macrumors 6502

haha i know that...but will they work on it or replace it since it's been jailbroke? Should I restore and then take it in?

12. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yeah - if there's absolutely no movement at all on that button, the device needs to be swapped. You could try rubbing alcohol, but honestly it's under warranty - why risk it. I'm not the guy to ask about preserving your jailbreak, but best if you walk into Apple store with a stock OS. You'll walk out with a nice replacement and another 90 days of warranty.