iPhone 4S Loudspeaker, FaceTime, and Video Microphone Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sk8mash, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Just wondering if anyone has this issue. The microphone is really quite and muffled when using FaceTime, loudspeaker, and recording a video. It's fine for voice calls and voice memos. I think it's the mic by the headphone jack that is causing the issue.

Anyway, I phoned Apple and they said it was an 'emerging issue' which means they have seen it before. I have to take it in and they will replace it. I didn't notice until just now, 2 weeks after getting the phone. I would suggest you check if you haven't used these features yet!

2. igiboi macrumors member

I've had the same problem, my loudspeaker sometimes work and sometimes doesnt. its annoying as I use it to listen to podcasts or songs. I read online it was a software issue and tried reinstalling the IOS several times and its still the same issue. Using the earphones is fine and everythings fine on the phone except the loudspeaker.

3. Spitfire411 macrumors member

I cleaned out that mic by the headphones with a paper clip and it started working again. Might be worth a try

4. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

BUMP.

I am having this problem and going to the genius bar. ANybody got theirs replaced?