iphone 4s makes the wifi connection lag

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chis2busy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Chis2busy macrumors member

hello!
    I have noticed this for over half a year now..i am not an iphone owner any more, but i do have a home wifi router and my wife does have an iphone..
    Now my problem is..when she as much as turn on the wifi on her iphone , internet connection is decimated...no, i mean truly anihilated..youtube videos take over 2 minutes to buffer, games get 6,7k ping , download speeds get dropped in half..she is no techie (if she was, she wouldnt have an iphone-or would have at least jb it), iphone is 4s, latest 5.1 ios no jb and no unlocking/tampering with it...please help me, because i honestly have no idea what is going on...thank you.

2. Chis2busy thread starter macrumors member

bump

3. Eahdawn macrumors member

Hey man, I'd say go into Settings and turn off iCloud storage, delete the Podcast app if she has downloaded it from the App Store (know data hogging issues), go into Settings>Restrictions and turn off iTunes Ping (called just Ping in the restrictions), turn off notifications, and turn off all unneeded location services.

If this doesn't solve the issues, just disable Wi-Fi on her iPhone until she leave the house!

4. Chis2busy thread starter macrumors member

well that didn't work...i am telling you..as soon the damn phone disconnects from wifi pings drop down to 24ms and dl speeds jump to insanity..this defies all logic..no device should be allowed to harass connections like this..is there like any packet sniffer app or connection inspector? its like a data server is running off this pos.