iPhone 4S memory size?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psionpete, Sep 18, 2012.

1. psionpete macrumors newbie

I know it sounds a dumb question but I am trying to get a feel for the limitations of 16, 32 or 64 Gb RAM models of the iPhone 4S.

Obviously the more RAM the more music can be stored on the iPhone, but is this the only need for extra RAM? I have a 16Gb iPod so not sure I want more music on my phone. Is 16Gb sufficient for running apps etc.

I am looking to upgrade my Nokia phone to an iPhone so want to make sure that I am not left wishing that I had gone for the model with the more memory in a couple of months time.

2. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

Hey there, I just got my 4S yesterday (also switched from Nokia). At first I was considering the 16GB option - thought: "it's the cheapest and will probably do since I had a 2GB SD card on my Nokia and was enough". But I've browsed through the auction site (in Poland) and found that the 32GB is just about 300 PLN ($95) dollars more and the 64GB is just 500 PLN ($158) more than 16GB. Then my choice seemed obvious. I would've gotten the 16GB if I was buying from Apple or from a mobile operator (the contracts on iPhone in Poland are very expensive). Anyways when I'd calculated the cost of 1 GB in each option there could only be one asnwer: 64GB. Plus this phone has to last me 2,3 years at least and since you can't expand the HDD space then I had to put out the additional buck and get the 64GB.
    When I was transffering music from my Mac (my library is about 60GB at the moment) I was choosing only the albums that really, really want to have with me at all times:) and it came out at about 18GB. So I'm really glad I got the 64GB - I haven't even started installing any apps yet.

So of course it all depends on your needs and finances, but I woudln't get a peace of mind on a 16GB option. But that's just me.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

RAM and the storage GBs are NOT the same....try Wikipedia!

4. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

Don't be picky:)
    PS. Obviously 90% of people don't care if it is called ROM or RAM. They just know the flash storage capacity and since it's the only thing that differentiates iPhone "models" that's all they need to know and I don't blame them.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I can be as picky as I want to be, if you don't like it, don't read my posts....simple solution...use the ignore function!