iPhone 4S - Messed up lock button

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
So basically, I didn't even drop my phone or move it barely, but my lock button seems as if it's been forced in. I can't push it down, but I can wiggle it slightly.

My phone is out of warranty and I really don't want to pay to replace it, so is there any home way I can fix the lock button? Is it like wedged in? Will compressed air work? The assistivetouch is sooo annoying.

ChittagongBoy

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
There aren't any working methods to fix this yourself without opening the phone. your best shot is a local repair shop to fix it.
Please follow DAVEJPRINCE advice, I had the same issue and the solution from APPLE store was $200 (for replacement), took it to the kiosk at the mall paid 45$ and 20 min later its was good as new:).

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
So basically, I didn't even drop my phone or move it barely, but my lock button seems as if it's been forced in.
You have barely moved your phone since you owned it? :confused:

On a serious note, depending on where you live, hit up a mall kiosk. They should be able to take care of you, assuming all that needs replacing is the actual button, for under $50. You could try taking the phone apart youtself but, to be honest, if you are asking here about what you should be doing, this probably isn't a task I would recommend you do yourself.