iPhone 4S - Messed up lock button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, May 22, 2013.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

So basically, I didn't even drop my phone or move it barely, but my lock button seems as if it's been forced in. I can't push it down, but I can wiggle it slightly.

My phone is out of warranty and I really don't want to pay to replace it, so is there any home way I can fix the lock button? Is it like wedged in? Will compressed air work? The assistivetouch is sooo annoying.

2. Davejprince macrumors regular

There aren't any working methods to fix this yourself without opening the phone. your best shot is a local repair shop to fix it.

3. ChittagongBoy macrumors member

Please follow DAVEJPRINCE advice, I had the same issue and the solution from APPLE store was $200 (for replacement), took it to the kiosk at the mall paid 45$ and 20 min later its was good as new:).

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You have barely moved your phone since you owned it? :confused:

On a serious note, depending on where you live, hit up a mall kiosk. They should be able to take care of you, assuming all that needs replacing is the actual button, for under $50. You could try taking the phone apart youtself but, to be honest, if you are asking here about what you should be doing, this probably isn't a task I would recommend you do yourself.