Iphone 4S microsim delayed activation possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancia832, Oct 13, 2011.

1. lancia832 macrumors member

Hello! everybody ,i need some help from you guys in the community , my wife will receive her upgraded iphone 4s today ,our plan is to sell it on ebay ,and then buy an unlocked iphone for full price when it will become available on Nov. since we travel often and need the full unlocked phone .

My question is , how do i deal with the microsim that i think will be included in the phone ,can i activate it in november on the unlocked phone ,or i need to activate it right away with the phone that we will get on friday ?

One more question if we sell the phone without the sim included will the buyer be able to activate the phone with his sim ?or it needs to be activated and then sold ?
    Any help would be greately appreciated.Thank you all !!

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

The SIM card is what is essential, anyone can put in their microsim and the phone will work - AT&T of course.

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

The following answers are not guaranteed to be perfect or completely correct, but here are some ideas/thoughts...

I *think* you're suppose to activate the phone within so many days of receiving it?

If I was you guys, I would go ahead and activate the new phone. The new sim in it, can be yours wife's new "sim." Are you going to go ahead and use the AT&T locked phone for now? If so, just continue to use it in that phone until you get your unlocked one.

If you aren't going to use the new phone, place the sim, ONCE fully activated by the new iPhone, in whatever phone your wife is going to use for now (EXCEPT if your wife's phone doesn't accept this size sim (check first), if the case it is wrong size sim, then skip everything I'm saying).

Once you get unlocked phone, put the new sim (from wherever it was being used) in the unlocked phone.

Ship the AT&T locked phone to buyer without a sim, make it *CLEAR* in your auction or whatever that no sim is included and that the buyer will need to use their own micro sim (emphasize they need the right kind whatever they call these sims in iPhone). Once they put in an activated AT&T sim with correct plan and whatnot, it will just flat out work or should. Mine always have. ha.

So just some things to think about. Good luck!

Not a bad idea at all I must say. I might consider selling mine and getting unlocked one.

4. lancia832 thread starter macrumors member

re microsim activation

Thank you ! for your reply powerbook , we just want to sell it as fast as possible ,to get a bigger price ,hopefully to cover the full unlocked price ,maybe a little bit less , i "ve seen them go for the full unlocked price even though they are locked to att or verizon ,so i guess i prefer never to deal with the unlocking process through those scammers ,and have it unlocked by Apple forever .