iPhone 4s minimalist case with face down protection and logo cutout?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bama91, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Bama91 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a thin, minimalist case that keeps the screen "off the table" when placed face down. I also want a cutout for the Apple logo.

Ideas?

2. LagFighter macrumors regular

3. Bama91 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dpilk macrumors newbie

cases

I'm also in the market for a case for the 4s, as my 4 (and it's case) are being handed down to my wife. I want a very simple, plain case, but I just hate spending $30 (plus shipping) for a case that I know is just a small piece of plastic that only cost a few cents to make. I realize there are other costs other than physical materials, but it seems like such a mark-up.
    I shouldn't complain because I buy all kinds of crap I don't need, but I just get annoyed when I'm obviously being bent over for accessories.

5. LagFighter macrumors regular

Sorry; define "minimalist". In my opinion, based on how I define "minimalist", the Commuter is extremely minimalist. It's not like the defender cases - it's very sleek.

6. Bama91 thread starter macrumors newbie

@LagFigher: You are right, "minimalist" does not necessarily mean "thin."

So, I am looking for a very thin, "minimalist" (i.e., simple/plain) case where the bezel is raised just enough so the face would not touch the table when placed faced down... plus an opening for the logo.

7. RParmly macrumors newbie

8. dugbee macrumors regular

9. Blinny83 macrumors member

10. RParmly macrumors newbie

11. TexasFight1012 macrumors newbie

12. Blinny83 macrumors member

I see. I think I'd like that best of all. Nice compromise. My current Incipio case has a pronounce lip and sometimes interferes with my fingers at the extreme edges of the screen. Hopefully the creaking issue is an isolated incident though. That would drive me nuts.

13. RParmly macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about the creaking. One reviewer had been asked about that and mentioned that he didn't hear it at all. It might have been a more isolated incident with that one reviewer's product. If it creaks too much I'll send it back :p

As much as I like some of the heavier cases I think a sleek $25 case with a SquareTrade warranty is the way to go. Some of these really protective cases are almost how much you would pay for a full 2 year warranty!

14. MortalDays macrumors regular

The cutout for the headphone jack is way too small. I don't think it fits my car's headphone jack.