iPhone 4S Missing Files (Root Folder?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chilledoutdude, Dec 19, 2013.

1. chilledoutdude macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me on this issue of a missing voice memo? I had an important meeting today and recorded it all using my 32GB iPhone 4s running iOS 7.04. I noticed after I finished the meeting, the memo indicated 00:00. It later updated but only with 2 hours of recording! Where is the rest of the recording as the meeting was over 5 hours?!

Having dug around the internet, I decided to download iExplore and got the impression that missing voice memos had been stored as a .MOV in the root folder.

However, to get access into the root folder, I need a jailbreak? But if I am correct, there's no jailbreak for an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.04! So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to really dig deep into the root folder so I can see if the file is really there...? I feel quite desperate as I would like to hear the meeting back for accurate notes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

2. chilledoutdude thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking about taking it to the Apple store, but I assume they won't be able to access my root folder will they?

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

well, jailbreak for iOS 7 just came out earlier today if you think that'll help you