iPhone 4s music problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sarahraegraham, Oct 24, 2011.

1. sarahraegraham macrumors newbie

I'm using an iPhone 4s on iOS 5. I have had no problems at all until today.

I always plug in my phone to the aux jack in my car to shuffle through my music on my way to work. Today, when I hit shuffle it played a couple songs. Then I noticed it was silent. So I looked at the display and the play button was showing, meaning the music was stopped. I thought it was just a fluke until I tried to hit the play button to start it up again and it did NOTHING. I restarted the music app. Same problems. Restarted the phone several times. Same thing. Once every couple tries I could get it to play music again, but then it would happen again. And then sometimes it would show an artist, title track and album art for a song that was not the one playing!

I'm really stumped. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

2. sarahraegraham thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I ended up deleting all the music from my phone and re-adding it via iTunes, so if anyone else happens to come across this thread, give it a try. It worked for me. :D

3. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Same exact thing happened to mine. I just returned it through the genius bar and got a new one. Sounds like a pattern is beginning.

4. cdesigns macrumors 6502

Sam thing here iphone 4s 64gb all music and videos doesnt play, all of them were downloaded to the phone thru icloud not via usb or wifi sync

5. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Glad yours works, but my music was synced from iTunes not from iCloud. It's interesting because in addition to not playing some things sometimes, the phone would also substitute music from another album in some seemingly random fashion.

I now have WiFi tethering problem with the new phone. I'm beginning to think getting a 4S was a mistake. At best it's a pain in the a$$.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I was trying out iCloud Match beta on my iPhone 4 after the iOS5 GM release (I'm a dev) and ran into this problem. Killed match & resynched music from iTunes and it went away, figured I'd wait until after tonight's match refresh to try again.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Could be, but from the sound of the problem it is software and not hardware.. which in the end won't be that big a deal since it can be easily fixed. No need for everyone to go in and exchange phones.