Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Hi everyone!
I'm having a very strange issue atm.. My iPhone 4S is jailbroken on iOS 7.1.1 and has always worked perfectly without any problems. But since yesterday I'm experiencing something very weird: I cannot charge my iPhone anymore without rebooting or holding power/homebutton (reset)..
So everytime I plug in my charging cable, it doesn't start charging, and the % doesn't change. But as soon as I reboot the phone/reset the phone with the cable in it, charging works again.. Until I would take the cable back out again ofcourse, then another reboot/reset is required.
Can anyone on MR here help me out?
It's very frustrating having to reset/reboot everytime I want to charge my phone.. Certainly if you'd forget it while going to sleep and wake up with 10% battery or smth.. ;)
Also, I would rather prefer not having to do a restore, because I want to stay on iOS 7, works perfectly jailbroken and I really don't want 8 on it.
Maybe try iLEX restore? What you guys advise?
Thanks!

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Go through the usual trouble shooting steps:

• backup
  • reinstall iOS and try without restoring from backup
  • check if cable and/or charger are intact

Good luck!

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Go through the usual trouble shooting steps:

• backup
  • reinstall iOS and try without restoring from backup
  • check if cable and/or charger are intact

Good luck!
But that would mean losing iOS 7, isn't it? :/
What about iLEX restore? I suppose that wouldn't help me out if it is a system file or smth that is broken..?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.