iPhone 4S... no service with iOS7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I9k, Feb 24, 2014.

1. I9k macrumors newbie

Hi there,

My girlfriend's iPhone 4S is having the same problem as several people have reported over here, there is no mobile signal after upgrading to iOS7 and it only comes back after shutting down and starting up the phone several times... it's so annoying.

I've performed a search in the forum and done some of the things suggested to try to fix it, to no avail. I haven't tried restoring iOS from scratch yet because she would lose all her data and apps so that's the last resort.

Is there any "easy" solution to this? Could It be that the SIM card is somewhat malfunctioning and it's not a software problem?

2. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Firstly she should back her phone up to a computer, then if you do a re-install/restore you won't loose your data or apps. Also if you do a re-install the apps will be available from Apple store so you can just download them again (you don't pay twice).

I have an occasional problem with dropping network on my 4S, not sure its any different before/after OS7. Try turning Airplane mode on/off.

3. I9k thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply Jambalaya.

For instance, an app she uses a lot is runkeeper. If I reinstall iOS thru iTunes, I understand she'll lose all the app data (run history and all that), is that right?

4. petelao macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the same thing with my 5s.

Only thing I have yet to try is restoring the phone.

This just started happening within the past few months. First months with the phone this did not happen.

Airplane mode on off didn't work. Only a restart.