IPhone 4s Not Charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly800, Jul 30, 2015.

1. pauly800 macrumors regular

I bought an iphone 4s last year used on ebay... it was basically perfect condition. Reason is because i wanted 4s and not the 5 at the time. Phone worked great. Recently, my iphone wouldn't charge suddenly. It was charging all day today and then when i went and made phone call, then plug it back into my usb cable to my laptop, it didn't charge. I had another usb cable and tried that as well and it didn't work. I then decided to plug it into an outlet instead of the laptop... still doesn't work.

So at the moment, my iphone is going to run out of battery soon. First off, does anyone know how i could fix this issue and what the issue is? I tried powering it off... then powering it off by holding the power button and the main button... still doesn't charge at all. I never dropped the phone, never got it wet etc. The only thing i thought of was when i was speaking on the phone, I was sweating quite a bit due to it being really hot... so could my sweat have went into the ear part of the iphone? The thing is im sure my sweat didn't go inside my the bottle of my iphone where i plug it in thus the charging.

So basically iphone doesn't charge and i cannot recognize it on my laptop. Does anyone know what i can do here? I read online about putting rice over it... first off would that even work? The thing is that is only for an iphone that can't turn on right? My iphone turns on just fine... its just not charging or recognized in laptop.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It could be several things. I suspect that the cable could be bad or even the USB charging circuit on your laptop. Have you tried using the adapter that plugs in the wall instead of your laptop OR a different charging cable?

This would help eliminate your phone as being the problem.

3. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Had this issue as well on mulitiple chargers and cables with my 5. It got replaced by apple. The issue was reported to apple a few days before my applecare ran out and it got replaced at the store, a few days after my warranty ran out. Do check your 30 pin port for any dust inthere

4. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Yep same to my 5. Try blowing the port out with a compressed air can.

5. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

I had this with my iPhone 4 ages ago and turned out to be the cables. I was getting desperate so bit the bullet and forked out for an official Apple charging cable and it charged. For some reason it had stopped recognising other chargers as being aupported. P