iPhone 4S not connecting to home wifi network.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thehawkmirage, Oct 6, 2012.

1. thehawkmirage macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS6 and I'm trying to connect to my home wifi network. I click on it I put in my password it accepts it and then it slowly looks like it connects to it but it never does. When compared to my sister's iPhone 4 I'm missing my router and DNS numbers in the details of the wifi network also our subnet mask are different. I've done everything from reseting the network settings, forgetting the wifi network and putting it again and putting it in manually. I also switch the HTTP: Proxy to Manual and Auto and still nothing changes. I'm stuck at the a spinning wheel next to the wifi network never getting connected to it. I don't even see the wifi symbol at the top left.

2. cybrain29 macrumors newbie

Change Wifi security

Try changing the Wifi security to open and see if it connects. If it does not then its a problem with the phone.

If it does, try changing the security type and channel (WEP/WPA/WPA-PSK), if that also does not work just check if there is some kind of MAC address blocking done by your router.

Hope this helps!!

3. poppycao macrumors newbie

I would suggest you assign static IP addresses 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.63 to preventyour router from assigning dynamic IP addresses that are the same as your static addresses. That would cause you problems if 2 devices had the same IP address.