iPhone 4s not plugging in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mwaltz0213, May 5, 2013.

1. mwaltz0213 macrumors newbie

My iphone has suddenly decided to not charge or even turn on when I plug it in to the wall. I've tried different power cords and tried cleaning the dock out with a clean toothbrush. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Can you try resetting it? What happens when you connect it to a computer? I'm addition to other UBS cords, did you also try multiple wall adapters?

3. applejuice99 macrumors member

In addition to what MrMacMack said if it works when you plug it into the computer you could try a restore, also try a different socket in the house maybe? Or if nothing else works and it is under warranty you could take it back to an apple store

4. mwaltz0213 thread starter macrumors newbie

The Phone does not respond when plugged into a computer at all. I've tried multiple sockets and even my car's USB with multiple cords. It is 4 months outside of warranty, I scheduled an appointment with an apple store near by to have them look at it too... still looking for it to be a cheap fix if there's anything anyone can think of.

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a