iPhone 4S not properly recording sound in videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ian m, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ian m macrumors newbie

This has been a recent problem with my phone, I never had any issues with it when I first got it. Basically, when I record a video the sound is extremely muffled when I play it back. I just recorded a video of my record player with the volume turned up very high, and upon playback it's barely audible. I transferred the video to my laptop, and on my laptop's speakers there's no sound but some ambient hiss.

I know it's not my phone's speakers because I can play music through them and they sound fine. It's just an issue with videos. The voice memo recorder is fine, as well. Any ideas what it could be?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Sounds like software. Backup the phone, restore it, and set it up as new for now. See if the problem persists with it set up as new. If it does, well, then I don't know what to say.

Either which way, please respond and I'll see if I can help.

3. jkelly531 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue and someone told me to clean the microphone hole next to the headphone jack. I stuck a safety pin in there and jammed it around a bit...my sounds works perfectly now.