iPhone 4S Now 'In Stock' in Most Apple Online Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Customers looking to order the iPhone 4S through Apple's online stores have long been faced with minor shipping delays as the company sought to keep up with demand, with Apple's online stores for most countries initially citing 1-2 week shipping estimates for the all models of the device. Those windows tightened up a bit earlier this month when Apple shifted to 3-5 business day estimates, but it now appears that the Apple has achieved a relative balance of supply and demand as the iPhone 4S is now listed as "in stock" in most online Apple stores.

[​IMG]

"In stock" is Apple's term introduced last September to replace the previous "within 24 hours" status that is indicative of near-immediate availability.

Apple experienced booming sales of the iPhone 4S during its launch quarter at the tail end of 2011, blowing away estimates by recording sales of 37 million units across all iPhone models, with the vast majority of customers said to be purchasing the iPhone 4S over the iPhone 4 or 3GS.

Article Link: iPhone 4S Now 'In Stock' in Most Apple Online Stores

2. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

3. MacOSXuser macrumors regular

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I guess it's good to know for people that were holding up, waiting for it to be "In stock". I hope the wait wasn't too long (compared to just ordering it straight away and waiting for theirs to ship). Because you know, waiting 4 months for it to be "In stock" before ordering it, because "2-3 weeks" would have been a painful long time to wait is the logical course of action.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

6. dacapo macrumors 6502

It doesn't really qualify as news, so it must be a rumor? :D

7. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Still unavailable in China and Hong Kong Online Stores.

8. flash84x, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

flash84x macrumors regular

It's news to people who work for carriers that do not allow employees to order phones that are on back order at their employee rate!

I'd say it's also news considering the fact that Apple, one of most efficient device producers has just now been able to meet the demand of a product that was released almost 4 months ago. When said product was considered a "flop" by most tech reporters.

9. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

10. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Yes, I consider it a rumor until I go to the apple store online and confirm for myself. Since I'll never do that, it will stay a rumor.

11. codyc815 macrumors member

I'd rather see this than the same article that's been up for the past 3 days :rolleyes:

12. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I guess lol.

13. Ingot macrumors 6502

Ingot

O hour wait for mine I jut picked up Friday. Walked to Bell Mobility and picked it up no muss no fuss.

14. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Since we're all sharing important stuff... last week I dried 4 pair of socks and lost one. It's back now. :eek:

15. hetrigger macrumors regular

hetrigger

Since the iPhone 5 is days away from being announced (my rumor):rolleyes:, the 4s is now in stock!:eek:

16. Boe11 macrumors 6502a

Just in time for my order this morning, incidentally :)

17. okwhatev macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Better get that iPhone 4S while it can still be jailbroken!! Time is surely running out!!

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Told you no one wants to buy that piece of ****.

19. scoobydoo99 macrumors 6502a

So Apple has iPhones in stock?? That's your main article? Pretty embarassing.

20. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

... Was there a stock shortage i'm somehow unaware of?

21. GunZi macrumors 6502

Bring me a iPad 3 rumors, feed me with the rumors, i'm hungry for more iPads.

22. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

I find this much more interesting. Where did you find it??

23. mygoldens macrumors regular

mygoldens

Ya, they should change the name of the site to iPhoneinstockrumors.com :D

24. mutantteenager, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

mutantteenager macrumors 6502

Purchasing an iphone? Here are the steps.

1) Log on to Macrumors to check availability.

2) Log on to the Applestore and place an order.

"In stock" is Apple's term introduced last September to replace the previous "within 24 hours" status that is indicative of near-immediate availability. Apple are currently involved in a heated legal battle with Samsung and other vendors for their use of the term "In stock" to indicate availability of their products and services.

Samsung gave some ground, by stating that products were "Available from stock", however Apple objected to the use of the word "Stock". Visitors to the Samsung site may presume that they were purchasing an Apple product due to use of similar terminology to describe availability, Apple argued.